Thursday, February 16, 2006

Do-it-Yourself

I consider myself to be, what is known as, a "do-it-yourself" kind of person. I have always loved to work with my hands and have been somewhat creative. Legos are my all time favorite, although Lincoln Logs come in a close second. My claim to fame is when I built the Space Shuttle out of random blocks, so naturally when I see homemade gadgets I am intrigued.(Especially if they are functional, light, and inexpensive) A backpackers dream.

The beautiful stove displayed above comes from a combination of two stoves that were rated as the best design and hottest burner of a Home-Brewed Stove contest that was held by Backpacker. If you would like to test your skills check out the Construction Directions. Or perhaps you could try to construct a more efficient lightweight stove. Either way will impress your friends.

Have fun.

Check out instructables.com for more interesting gadgets.(not necessarily constructed for hiking)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://ifengexm.com/cndm/ahys.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kwgxpnjb.com/sjac/zdlb.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit